keskiviikko 22. kesäkuuta 2011

1 year

Big things have been going on in my life during the past year. Everything happened so fast and it's still kind of freaking me out (in a good way).
About a year ago I decided that I'm going to move to Argentina. Before that I was planning on moving to India but luckily I came up with better ideas. When I had made my decision everything happened quite fast. I started working my ass off to earn as much money as possible, I sold all my furniture and clothes, I moved out from my apartment and quit my job. At the same time I was trying to enjoy of the compan of my friends because I knew I wouldn't see them for a long time after I leave.
No furniture left, just a mattress on the floor.

Being with old friends

Being with new friends
Everything was so hectic and I was feeling both nervous and excited. A few times I stopped to think what the hell am I doing but mostly I was looking forward to everything. I remember the day before I left I was feeling kind of blue about the trip. I don't know why, maybe because of my byebye party that made me emotional or something else. Stress?
 

So finally the day came, I took a plane with my friend to Berlin, spent a couple of days there, then a flight to Rome and spent a couple of days there as well.



Finally it was time for us to go on our seperate ways and my actual adventure was about to begin. I first flew to Madrid and from there to Buenos Aires. I had a friend, the only person I knew in the whole Argentina, waiting for me at the airport. It was all so weird and it took a couple of days to realize where I was and what was going on. The first month I lived with the friend.

 

It was a nice and smooth start, I had one month to make new friends and contacts, find a real apartment, enjoy Buenos Aires etc. The month went by quickly and soon I moved to a new house with 5 other travellers from all over the world. It was a great house to live in, you were never alone at home, there was always someone. Some of the people became very close to me while some of them didn't. I quess that's normal.



When I moved to this new house I had already met Marcos. Actually I met him after two weeks in BA. I definitely wasn't looking for anything special but it just happened. So I was seeing this guy and everything felt so lovely.


The more time we spent together the more I was falling for him. After some months of ups and downs we decided to move together. That was a big step for me, I was about to move out of BA to a smaller city called Pilar.


Here I am now. I like to live here, it's calm and nice and the city is still close to me and I can go there whenever I want but I have to admit that I hope that some day we will move there again.
Anyway, for the past year my life has been quite crazy. A lot of good stuff but also crying, missing my friends, being unsecure of all this, having second thoughts but that is probably normal because moving to a new country is a big change.
Soon I will turn 23 (partyyyy) and there's gonna be "1 year in Argentina" (partyyyy). Yeah, I definitely think that both of those are worth of partying and I think I truly deserve a party!


Fuck, writing all this and thinking of it makes me quite speechless... What a crazy bitch I am. :P But damn I'm proud of myself. Who knows what will I come up with in the future. I hope that Argentina will not be the last foreing country for me to live in.
I think that all of you that are planning on going to explore the world should stop hesitating and DO IT!! It's never too late! =)

(oh, sorry for this longlonglong post) :D

4 kommenttia:

  1. enjoyed your post and am living the same kind of feelings.
    My husband&I put our apartement for rent, are currently living in our summer cottage. I'm working my ass off to save for our trip around the world while he's finishing his studies (doing MA thesis).
    Do I feel like I'm crazy to do this? YES.
    Do I think it's worth it all? DEFINITELY!

    Congrats for your birthday in advance and join my blog, I'll soon start posting about further plans around the globe, yay! :)

    VastaaPoista
  2. Oh thats great!! Its always a good decision to go. But wow, around the world! that sounds amazing. I have a friend who is doing the same right now and according to his blog he has never been so happy in his life! Good luck for you guys! Have to start following your posts about the trip!! :D

    VastaaPoista
  3. this was the first entry from you that I've read completely. So maybe it's a good thing.

    VastaaPoista